Monday, June 2, 2008

Oops.. I'm a bad blogger..

Sorry!! May was super busy.

Johnny and I joined my family for a vacation to the Outer Banks. It was a blast! Definitely wished we could have stayed for the entire week instead of just the 11th-14th, but so glad we made it down for at least part of the trip. The beach house was amazing!! Loved the color of it. Johnny loved having a Golden Tee in the basement. My younger brother Steven loved the movie theater. Highlight of the movie theater experience - watching "SuperBad" with multiple members of the family.. Most of which only made it through 5 minutes. We also had a Wii bowling tournament. I made it to the semi-finals, but lost to my Nana.. I'll say it was beginner's luck for her. :) The tournament came down to Dad and Johnny. Johnny was the victor! Yay! We just started a Wii bowling league (does that make us dorks?) with friends at home, so we'll see if I can show my true skill this time. I better get practicing. Long story short, the trip was awesome (despite bad weather to begin the week), it was awesome to see all my family and spend some real time with them. I hope we make this a yearly thing. Here are a few pics from the trip. If you want to see more, check out my sister-in-law's page - she has a whole slide show.
Here's the front of the house (located in Kill Devil Hills).
The view from our room. There's a full bathroom and a sauna in that cabana bar. Hot tub and huge grill to the left.
Huge kitchen/dining room/living room.
Johnny and his beloved Golden Tee.
Dad teaching Grandmom how to bowl.

Anyway, that's the shortened version of our OBX trip. We miss everybody and can't wait to get together again. I left a lot out, and only got a few pictures (because my camera hates me) so once again, if you crave more check out Jamie's page.

Once we got home I attacked our ugly pink dining room. I've been wanting to repaint that since the first time we saw the house. It was U-G-L-Y. We've had it taped off for about a month (maybe more) but just haven't gotten around to painting it. So the weekend after our OBX trip (yes this is how I spent my birthday) I got started on painting on the primer. Once that was done, I did a coat of flat "New Penny". Once that was dry, I taped the entire dining room off into 9 inch vertical stripes and then Johnny painted every other section with another coat of "New Penny", only in semi-gloss. I LOVE IT. My new dining room makes me happy! I don't have a before picture, but I do have a belly pic that was taken in front of the pink wall that I'll post later. But anyway, here's my new dining room.
Yay! My dining room makes me happy. :) And now that the dining room is done, I can move on to the kitchen and the baby's room!

Now for baby news! I'm 6 months as of last Friday. She's getting a lot stronger and I can feel her kicking a lot more often now. Johnny has even felt it a few times. I love it. Every time she kicks it's like an update from her to let me know she's ok. It's incredibly reassuring. We did decide on a name... Sophie Anne. :) I can't wait to meet her! I'm so excited to see what she looks like. She's definitely getting bigger because my stomach is getting HUGE. Time for belly pics.
This was from around 18 1/2 weeks and was taken in front of the ugly pinkish-peachish dining room wall. Bleh.
Much bigger at 23 weeks. And in front of new pretty dining room wall! :) I think I've gotten even bigger in just the past week. Which makes sense actually because I guess she is supposed to double her size in this month alone. So I may update with another belly picture sooner than I thought.

Well, there you go. I was a super blogger. You got all kinds of information and lots of pictures. Now if I can just start doing this on a regular basis.. We'll see. Oh! Johnny and his friend Matt put in our air conditioning units today! Hallelujah! Hopefully that means I'll be able to sleep tonight instead of tossing and turning and waking Johnny up every 45 minutes to complain that it's HOT. Haha.

That's all for tonight. I'll leave you with one more picture of my pretty flowers.

1 comment:

Jamie McQ said...

LOVE the paint - very creative :) Good job!!! Just let us know when you wanna come do our house, we're pretty wide open.