Friday, February 6, 2009

4 month appt today!

Sophie had her 4 month check up today. She weighed in at just over 15 lbs (90th percentile) and is 26 (!!!!!) inches long (95th percentile). Her doctor is very, very happy with her growth. The whole appointment went very well - until she had to get her shots. :( She had to get 2 today, and she cried for both of them. It took a little longer to get her calmed down today than it did at her two month appointment. I hate when she has to get shots! I can't even watch. Poor baby. I can't wait to go get her from daycare..

We discussed starting Sophie on solids - which we won't be doing until she's closer to 6 months. Probably around 5.5 months to 6 months we will start her on rice cereal and then SLOWLY introduce different foods. We are going to try and follow the doctor's instructions fairly closely as to avoid upsetting Sophie's stomach and to make sure that she stays a happy, healthy, allergy-free baby. I'm going to try to make our own baby food from fresh vegetables (and eventually fruits). It's supposed to be fairly easy and cheap. Fresh vegetables are probably better for her than canned baby food anyway. We'll see how it goes!

I have new pictures of Sophie with her new best friend, Emily. We went to visit Emily last night and they were wearing matching sleepers! Very cute. I will post them sometime this month :)

No comments: