Friday, February 22, 2008

*Bleh*

I HATE MORNING SICKNESS!! Grr.. Ok. So I found out I was pregnant pretty early on, at only 4 weeks. I felt great, little tired, little emotional, but awesome. I thought I was the luckiest preggo in the world! But boy did pregnancy have a suprise in store for me! Week 8 hits and BAM! Nauseous 24/7. Nothing makes it better. While I guess I am still 'lucky' because here I am about to hit week 10 and I have yet to actually 'get sick', but still, being nauseous all day is not fun. Especially not when you're starting a new job.**


The cravings are starting to kick in as well. English Muffins with butter and a couple strips of bacon... Mmmm... And these awesome lemonade/rasberry-lemonade/lime/cherry-lime push-pop popsicle things. Love them. And popcorn. And Lucky Charms cereal. SOO healthy! Oh well, I'm going to get fat anyway right? I am trying to do a lot of walking a work to keep somewhat in shape since I'm only hungry for junk food. OH! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... Heaven on earth..


Interesting fact - I talked to my mom last night (I called to see if she could give me some magic tip to make morning sickness go away), and she pointed out that Johnny and I are expecting our 1st baby in the same time frame that her and Dad were expecting Scott. They got married in May, she was pregnant (around 6 months) for their 1st anniversary, then Scott was born in August. Johnny and I got married in June, our 1st anniversary will be this summer (I will be 6 months in June), and Baby K is due in September. See the similairity? I thought that was neat.


We have another doctor appointment on Monday and I think we will be able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the 1st time. Definitely looking forward to that. I'm so glad that I worked at the Women's Health clinic for over a month. I'm already familiar with all the nurses, doctors, and residents and it's just making the whole experiance so much more comfortable. There are definitely perks to working at a hospital. I will update after this appointment, of course.


**Ok, if anybody reading this was unaware, I just accepted a position at Hershey Med in the Radiology Department at the new East Campus which will open in March. I won't be working in an area where I would be at risk to being exposed to anything so don't worry.

No comments: