We had our first actual doctor appointment on Monday. Everything went well. Our doctor is hilarious! He was awesome at explaining everything to us and answering our questions. He didn't make us feel rushed at all. Loved him. Anyway, he did his whole exam and then.. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the 1st time!! It was AWESOME! He found my heartbeat first, then the baby's. It's heart rate was about 160, which is ridiculously fast but completely normal for a baby. It was so cool because you could hear my heart and the baby's heart beating at the same time. The doctor said that now that we've heard the heartbeat, the chance of there being a miscarriage has dropped to about 2%. That was very good to hear! Now we can relax a little.
We don't have another doctor appointment for 5 weeks, so I guess there won't be much news for awhile. Except for when the morning sickness ends!! I will be celebrating that day, believe me! I thought it was getting better but I was very wrong. It actually has gotten worse and is starting to show up earlier in the day.. Wonderful.
Non-baby related news - My department is moving into the new East Campus of Hershey Med tomorrow. We are going to spend all day tomorrow setting up, and then patients will start coming on Monday. Very exciting. I just hope the construction is done! It sure didn't look ready when I was there last week. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment