Friday, March 7, 2008

March

Week 12 starts on Monday! Goodbye 1st trimester!

Not much has been going on here. A lot of working and a lot of sleeping. Johnny started a part-time job at Lowes (discount!!). So on Tuesday he worked from 6:30-3 at Ingram, then 4-9 at Lowes. Wednesday and Thursday were worse.. 5:30-4 at Ingram, and 5-9 at Lowes both days. I don't know how he is still awake! I put in 2 hours of OT yesterday and I didn't think I was going to make it. But working that much makes him feel better about being able to spoil Baby K when he/she gets here. So if it makes him feel better, go for it. I am going to make sure he takes time for himself every once in awhile. I don't want him to burn out.

I have decided to start doing some real cooking again! Once everything gets settled at work I should be working 7-3:30 so I'll be getting home early enough to make a real meal. I've been lifting recipes from Jamie and her friends blogs. :) Thanks guys! And I'm dusting off all my cookbooks. I think I'll make a trip to Wal-Mart this weekend to get a small food processor and a cheapo mixer. I know Johnny's excited to be able to take leftovers to work and everything. And I think he's getting sick of grilled cheese. I'm not even eating an actual dinner at this point, just an English Muffin or 2 with butter and strawberry jelly. And maybe a couple slices of cheese. Nothing heavy. English Muffins are my best friend and I cannot go a day without them! Yum yum.

I think this month is going to be pretty uneventful baby-wise. I don't have another doctor appointment until March 31st! I was supposed to go in today to meet with a genetic counselor and get an ultrasound, but after discussing it with our doctor, and then Johnny and I talking it over, we decided to cancel the appointment. The doctor pointed out that since Johnny and I are both young and healthy, and there's nothing in our family's medical history to warrant this test, that we were at a pretty low risk for genetic disorders. Plus if they see anything on the ultrasound that they think is suspicious, they recommend an amniocentesis which carries a risk for causing a miscarriage. Johnny and I know that even if they found something wrong, we'd keep the baby, and there's no way I'd even consider an amnio (big needle is scary, and to me it seems like they'd be popping a water balloon and isn't worth the risk). So while having another ultrasound would have been nice because I miss the baby and I want to see it again soon (I know that sounds weird, but you really do miss the baby between ultrasounds!), we decided these tests were not for us. So that's that.

James should be coming home soon!! My bestest friend in the world, and the person who introduced Johnny and I, is currently serving overseas with the National Guard. This is his 2nd tour and nobody was really sure what to expect. I just got an email from him saying that he should be coming home sometime between the beginning of April and the beginning of August (gotta love the army!). I have no idea if he's coming home for a visit or if he's coming home to stay, but either way, JAMES IS COMING HOME!!! Can't wait to see him.

I guess that's all for now. If I think of anything else, I'll be back later. :)

No comments: