Oops.. Skipped week 17. Oh well.
Only 2 more weeks until our ultrasound! May 5th @10:30.. Hopefully we will find out if it's a boy or a girl.. CANNOT WAIT! I think I may go crazy waiting for the next 2 weeks to pass. And we will reach the halfway point that day too.. Holy crap. Halfway done already? Can that be right? I still don't even "feel" pregnant half the time. I think I felt the baby move today. I'm like 90% sure it was the baby.. It happened a couple times in a row in the same spot.. I've felt other weird things before that may have been the baby, but I was never really sure, so I'm going to count today as the 1st time time I felt Baby K kick.
The belly is getting BIG. I look like I've gained a lot of weight, but the scale is saying it's only a couple pounds. I'm right on track with the whole 3-5 lbs in the 1st trimester, and so far with the 1-2 lbs a week in the 2nd. So at least I know I'm not gaining too much weight, too quickly, or anything like that. *And just a note, even though I feel fat, and I may say that out loud, that does not make it OK to tell me that I am getting fat or that I have a potbelly.* Meanies. Haha. I know everybody that has said this to me was just joking, and was calling me fat with love. :) I feel like I'm eating pretty much constantly right now and wish I could buy a grocery store or a Wal-Mart and just move in.. Mmm.. Food..
Week 18 - Baby is the size of a sweet potato according to thenestbaby.com.. I have never seen an actual sweet potato so this does nothing for me.. But I guess that's about 5 1/2 inches long (from head to butt) and weighs almost 7 oz. Umm.. Not too much exciting going on in the whole development thing right now.. More with the nervous and reproductive systems.
I was going to be a super blogger tonight and put up new pics. I wanted to take a new belly pic for all of you. I was going to include some pics of the projects with the house, like the new curtains I'm so proud of, Johnny's railing, and the lattice on the deck.. But I made the mistake of thinking about food and now I'm hungry. AND game 6 between the Capitals and Flyers is on and the Caps need to win and I'm missing it. See, the Flyers just scored because I'm not sitting on the couch, yelling at the Caps! Check back later this week for new pics, I promise I'll play super blogger later. :)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment