Because I'm in labor. Should've known that would happen. This baby is, after all, a product of Johnny and I. Two of the biggest procrastinators EVER. I should have known that our daughter would wait until the last possible minute to decide to make her appearance. So now I'm regretting that I only napped for an hour earlier.. Should've stayed in bed longer.
My contractions are 2-3 minutes apart and I cannot move during them and it's a huge effort to even breathe through them. I want to labor at home for as long as possible, simply because it's more comfortable than the hospital. Johnny's upstairs trying to get some sleep before I go tell him that it's time to go.
I'm thrilled that labor started without being induced. It makes me feel a lot better about Sophie being ready to be born. I know the doctors wouldn't have scheduled an induction if they thought otherwise, and I know she would've been fine. Still, I'm much happier that it began naturally and not because of an IV drip. Not too happy about the pain.. But that would've happened either way.
Everything is ready for her to come. Since I thought I was going to be induced in the morning, I spent this afternoon/evening doing all the small last minute things. Washed a few dishes, did a load of laundry, took a long shower, and grabbed a quick nap. I really wish I had taken a longer nap.. I'm so tired.. But there's no going to sleep now. I almost want to throw in the towel and leave for the hospital now on the chance that they could give me some pain medicine so I can get a little rest. I really don't want to go in too early though and then have to walk the halls or anything like that while we wait to make more progress. I want to be admitted as soon as I walk in.
This post is taking forever since I'm stopping every 2-3 minutes for about 1-1.5 minutes to get through another contraction. I can't wait for pain meds!! Haha.
Happy Birthday, Sophie. We love you.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Girl, that sounds like serious labor. I hope you went ahead to the hospital. And that everything went gloriously well & and all that.
I'm breathlessly waiting the next update.
Cheers for you. I'm not your Mom, but I am a Mom
Welcome baby girl!! 5:37am, 7lbs 3oz 19in. C-section, but everyone is doing fine! I can't wait to see and hold her!!!
Post a Comment