Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A New Post! Shocking! :)

I know, I know, I know.. It's been a really long time since my last post. Does anybody even still check my blog? I'm bad at this, I'm sorry. Oh well. I'll try to make up for it with pictures.


Snowman jacket (with gloves and hat) made by 'Nana' Kennelly.


Sweater, hat, and booties. Also made by 'Nana' Kennelly.


Very cute booties made by a lady from work.


I am a house!! This is me at 33 1/2 weeks. Compare it to my 23 week picture.. B-I-G difference. And I'm going to spare everybody by no longer showing any skin in my belly pictures. It's veiny and I now have stretch marks. Yay.


We painted the nursery!! Johnny picked out the paint color. :) I love telling people that. He even got purple spray paint and painted the lightswitch and outlet covers! I think he's getting used to the whole having a girl thing. I really, really wish we had taken before and after pictures of this room. It was bright blue, and FULL of boxes. See the bins full of clothes? Johnny's old boss gave us all of his daughters old clothes (and a stroller, car seat, swing, bouncer, bathtub, a box of shoes, a box of movies...). We are very lucky to have such wonderful friends!!


Jaeger checking out the changing table.


The crib!! Just waiting on the mattress, which my Mom and Dad picked up Ikea for me this past weekend. How cute is that crib set?? Thanks Mom!!


And finally, Bailey in the baby's room.

So does that make up for my lack of posting a little bit? I hope so! Oh, and all pictures were taken with my NEW CAMERA!! It was a wedding anniversary present from Mom and Dad and I LOVE it and cannot wait to be taking millions of pictures of Sophie Anne with it. :)

Johnny and I went to our final ultrasound on Monday. First off, it is still a girl! :) We had painted the once bright blue room a pretty light pink the week before the ultrasound, so I had made the comment to Johnny about how it would be funny if we went to the ultrasound and it turned out they were wrong and she's actually a boy. He was not amused. Haha. Luckily, the girl who did our last ultrasound didn't miss anything, and was right when she said "It's a girl." Unfortunately, she was turned so that we couldn't see her face, so no new pictures of her. :( Oh well, we will be seeing her soon enough!! I got to finally find out what body part the hard lump under my ribcage is.. We thought it was her bottom since at my last doctor appointment they told me she was head down. Doctor was wrong!! Her head is on my right side, right under my ribs! Wonderful. They said she probably still has enough room to somersault into the head down position, so we'll see if she decides to do that in the next few weeks or if she remains breached. They estimated her weight to be 4lbs 9 oz (give or take 11 oz) and told me that she should gain 1/2 a pound a week from now until delivery.. Sounds like a good sized baby to me! Maybe we should hope for her to remain breached so I can get that c-section.. Haha.

Speaking of a c-section, I'm really not sure what I'm really hoping for or would prefer at this point. I want to go into labor naturally, but it would be kind of nice to have a scheduled c-section and be able to plan it out.. I would love to be able to tell Johnny "It's time!" and rush to the hospital and call our friends and family to tell them that she's on her way.. But it would be nice to have it scheduled so I can plan my maternity leave, make sure everything is ready, etc.. I'm terrified of having a c-section since the closest thing I've had to surgery is having my wisdom teeth removed. So far, I've never had surgery or stitches or anything. The thought of being cut open scares the daylights out me. But the pain of labor, and the prospect of it lasting several hours, also scares me. So I guess I can argue it both ways, but what it comes down to is whatever turns out to be best for Sophie and me. So I'm glad that I'm not strongly against one way or another. I just want them to do what they have to do to have Johnny and I walking out of there with a happy, healthy baby girl.

The third trimester is pretty much kicking my butt. I have acid reflux now, which I just love. Especially since I can find no pattern to what food/beverages/movements bring it on, so I have no idea what to do or not to do to relieve it. I feel as big as a house. Getting comfortable is impossible, which is definitely affecting my sleep. My back is killing me and feels like it needs to be cracked, but unfortunately, I can't bend the way I need to in order to crack it! My hips hurt a lot, too, which is a weird feeling - it's like they are being pushed out of joint or something. I'm hungry 24/7. I'm tired 24/7. My legs and feet (which are incredibly swollen most of the time) hurt like crazy. I have stretch marks. I'm starting to get that dark line running down the middle of my stomach. I think my belly button is about to pop out. I think my belly needs it's own zip code. I forgot how big my belly is and burnt it on a cookie sheet. It takes me forever to get anything done. Example - simply rolling over in bed can take 5 full minutes. Some of her movements are becoming painful for me, but thankfully, I can somewhat relieve it by switching positions or giving her a gentle push.

I know it sounds like a lot of complaining, but you know what? I love being pregnant. I love it all. I love that when I drink a glass of cold water, she wakes up and I can feel her start stretching and moving around. I love laying on the couch and watching my stomach do the wave. I love going to doctor appointments and hearing her heart beating. I love standing in the doorway to her room and trying to imagine what it will be like when she's in it. I love how sometimes, I give her a push and then I feel all these quick jerky movements and it's like she's throwing a hissy fit because she was comfortable and is mad that I made her move. I can't wait to see what she looks like. I can't wait to watch her personality form. I want to see her first smile, hear her first laugh.. I can't wait to meet our daughter.

No comments: